WE ARE EXCITED TO GO TO BEAUTIFUL COLOMBIA,
the South American nation that has higher levels of biodiversity per square kilometer than any other country on earth. Experience historic Spanish architecture and the infectious local exuberance for living life while using your skills to serve farmers in the war-torn region of Montes de María.
DATE: July 28–August 4
PLACE: Cartagena Colombia
WHAT WILL WE DO? During this one-week intensive design project we will create strategies and designs that connect valuable products including Forest Honey, Avocado, Sesame Seeds, Eggplant and Native Tropical Fruits to new, viable markets. You will experience cultural immersion, team building, rapid ideation and unique challenges. We will present design concepts to our clients at the end of the week!
OUR PARTNERS: We are honored to partner with United Reaction, Universidad de los Andes, and Partimonio Natural.
WHO CAN PARTICIPATE? Project Resound is for compassionate creatives—students and professionals who wish to use their skills and talents to serve and empower others while having fun. It's for those who like to travel to exotic locations, meet new friends, and explore new and ancient cultures. Our projects are about We! — not Me! They are perfect for team players who help find a way to succeed despite unforeseen challenges or personal discomfort. It's for those who when faced with not knowing the answer, or when designing on a tight deadline say, "Bring it On!"
We are recruiting for the following skill sets, and more…
- Graphic Design
- Illustration and Sequential Artist
- Service Design
- Film and TV (cinematography, editing & sound design)
THE RESULT? Our worthy clients will receive beautiful, custom designs—a valuable gift that will be helpful to their cause, and for some, truly life-changing! Giving of ourselves without the expectation of reward is soul-satisfying and spiritually uplifting! The project may also have other positive effects—as we gain new friends and unique portfolio pieces.
WHAT WILL IT COST?
- Application Fee $100 (secures your place on the team)
- Participation Fee $400
- Airfare $800 (participants are responsible for travel to/from Colombia)
- Hotel/8 nights $500 (key criteria include safety, convenience and quality at a reasonable cost—two-persons per room with buffet breakfast is standard / pre-paid by Project Resound)
- Ground Transportation $100 (pre-paid by Project Resound)
- Meals: $25 per day (participants purchase their own meals)
Estimates of airfare, hotel, ground transport and meal costs are based on flexible conditions. Actual costs may vary.
- Saturday arrive in Cartagena / afternoon client meeting / cultural immersion
- Sunday team building / cultural immersion, visit Montes de María / research / ideation
- Monday discuss initial concepts / select concepts / begin design
- Tuesday discuss initial designs / continue design work
- Wednesday review designs / unify and finalize designs / prepare presentation
- Thursday complete presentation / practice presentation
- Friday present designs to client / rest & relaxation / visit local sights and attractions
- Saturday return home — or extend your stay in order to further explore and enjoy Columbia!
- Application process begins (Friday, February 16th / week 6, fall quarter)
- Application process ends (Friday, March 16th / week 10, fall quarter)
- Portfolio review (deadline, Friday, March 30th / week 1, spring quarter)
- Team Announcement (Monday, April 2nd / week 2, spring quarter)
- Team Meeting / Application Fee due (Friday, April 6th / week 2, spring quarter)
- Paperwork due (Friday, April 20th / week 4 spring quarter)
- Participation, Hotel and Ground Transportation fees due (Friday, June 15)
- Project Begins (Saturday, July 28th)
- Project Ends (Saturday, August 4th)
Thank's so much for your interest! If you have any questions, email email@example.com